- 9:00 AM: Olympathon Opening Ceremonies. Participant packet pickup and last-minute team registration begins. – Backspace
- 10:00 AM: “Racing the Tubes” Internet Alleycat Bike Race (hosted by Old Town Computers) – Backspace
- 10:00 AM: Olympathon events open!
- 5:00 PM: Olympathon events close!
- 5:00 PM: “Drinkathon” pre-funk (all ages) – Space Room
- 8:00 PM: “Awardathon” awards ceremony (all ages) – East Portland Eagles Lodge
Ready to be put through your paces? In this year’s Olympathon, your geeky mettle will be tested in a multitude of events presented by PGC3 Organizations:
- Buzz Lightbeer; to Oblivion and Beyond! – by Funhouse Lounge
Submit to a taste-test of five different light beers and figure out which is which.
- Choose Your Own Super Adventure – by The Alter Egos Society
Using a scenario from the Alter Egos Society, you must make the choice to go the way of heroism or villainy. Once you’ve chosen your path, various obstacles will appear in the story forcing you to choose which way the story should proceed.
- Cort & Fatboy Geek Trivia: Special Edition – by Things From Another World
Compete in a special single round of Geek Trivia for some final valuable points!
- Costume Contest (Individual) – by the PGC3 Board
The PGC3 board will judge a contest for the best costumed individual.
- Costume Contest (Team) – by the PGC3 Board
The PGC3 board will judge a contest for the best costumed team.
- David vs. Goliath FPS Showdown – by Old Town Computers
Pit your two best PC gamers to play against a former competitive Counter Strike player and all-around FPS wiz. The game is TBA and the format is Deathmatch. Score as many kills as you can against our Champion, the more kills the closer you’ll get to gold!
- Find Your Serenity - by PDX Browncoats
Hold the yoga “chair” pose for as long as possible.
- Floating World Scavenger Hunt – by Floating World Comics
Use a list of “items” that must be located within the pages of any comic book or item within Floating World Comics. For example, if asked for a ‘newspaper reporter’ they would want to find a comic with Clark Kent.
- the Great Bag and Board Race – by Things From Another World
Can you prove your comic-book cred? You’ve got just two minutes to put together a short box and bag and board as many comics as you possibly can!
- House of Cards – by Guardian Games
Build a house of cards with a 60 card deck of Magic the Gathering Cards, every team member must place at least one card on the house. No adhesives allowed.
- Left 4 Dead: Last Man Standing – by Backspace
Play a teamless, solo round of Left4Dead. You’ll be scored based on how close you get to making it to the safehouse with no help.
- Liar’s Dice – by PDXYAR
Challenge the pirates of PDXYAR to a rousing game of Liar’s Dice. Games tend to last approximately 20 minutes. One member of each team competes against 4 members of PDXYAR in a 5-player game.
- Make It So! – by The Unscriptables
Dress up in uniform and create a scene in the style of Star Trek; the Next Generation.
- Psychic Pinball – by Ground Kontrol Classic Arcade
Play pinball without seeing the flippers at all! Everything about this game of pinball is normal, but the bottom portion of the pinball glass is obscured. Rely on your ability to predict (or guess) where the ball is and get the best score in a standard 3-ball game!
- “Racing the Tubes” Internet Alleycat Bike Race – by Old Town Computers
A multi-point alleycat style race that will take place over 2 hours and take racers to various Portland locales. At every stop the racer will need to decode a puzzle with the help of the internet to move on to the next checkpoint.
- Robot Name That Tune – by Cognition: The Robot Uprise
The lyrics of popular songs will be sung or played through a vocoder to a) sound like a cylon and b) obscure the tune. Teams will compete by naming the songs on an answer sheet.
- Rock Band Weezer Challenge – by Chronicles of the Nerds
Play a three song setlist of predetermined Weezer songs. If a group doesn’t have enough members for all 4 instruments someone from Chronicles of the Nerds will fill in.
- Scallywag Hunt – by PDXYAR
This is a scavenger hunt, but instead of locating items, teams will need to find a specific member of PDXYAR hiding someplace in Portland. At pre-determined times (the number of which has not been decided), clues will be posted to Facebook and Twitter as to the identity and location of the hidden pirate. The first team to locate the pirate and post a photo of themselves with him/her to Facebook and/or Twitter wins that round.
- Seacrest vs. The World - by Ground Kontrol Classic Arcade
Challenge legendary Portland villain (and member of 2011 Olympathon winning team) Ryan “Seacrest” Reid in a game of Street Fighter: Third Strike.
- Vintage Toys “The Price is Right” – by Billy Galaxy
Look at a small display of vintage toys and then match those toys with the appropriate price tags.