Tonight at the Bagdad, PGC3 member Stumptown Syndicate is bringing you the 10th installment of Ignite Portland! This is shaping up to be an evening of inspiring, geeky, and generally awesome talks, and this year, bringing a food donation for Oregon Food Bank will even get you in the door 45 minutes early!
If you had five minutes on stage what would you say? What if you only got 20 slides and they rotated automatically after 15 seconds? Around the world, geeks have been putting together Ignite nights to show their answers.
…the talks of IP10, in no particular order:
- Angela Stacklin – How to turn a fairytale romance into reality
- Brad Fortier – The Human Brain on Improvised Theater
- Brandt Stickley – Creating Gift Economy in 5 Easy Steps
- Clifton B – What startups can learn from the yo-yo community
- Sarah Stricker – Your Memories Are Etched in Jello
- Curtis C. Chen – A Homebrew Cat Feeding Robot
- Ním Wunnan – Presenting on Presenting
- Amy Dubin – This is Tea!
- Mary Anne Thygesen – Foreclosure Carols
- Nitya Wakhlu – Graphic Recording: What it is and why you should care
- Willem Larsen – Language Hunting: Let’s Save Endangered Languages Now By All Becoming Instant Polyglots
- Andrew Nhem -GTFO: Change up where you get stuff done
- Ember Stevens – How to Impress a Librarian
- David V. Horste – Queen Coal Technology
- Denise Rothman – My Pet Slug
- Kevin Murphy – Application of Time Management Principles to Catching an Airplane
- Garin Etcheberry – Our obligation to be radical
- Bridget Pilloud – The Sociology of Cute (Or, the Survival of the Adorablest)
- Jolie Guillebeau – Why Anyone Can Draw (and Tools to Prove It)
- Josh Marinacci – The Hogwarts Textbook
Doors open at 5pm for those with non-perishable food donations for Oregon Food Bank, and for those without, entry begins at 5:45pm.To find out more about the event, visit their web site and learn how to get the most out of Ignite Portland 10.
Ignite Portland 10
Thursday, Feb. 9th, 2012
Doors at 5pm w/Oregon Food Bank donation, 5:45pm without.
Show at 7pm – FREE
3702 S.E. Hawthorne Blvd.
Portland, OR 97214
CONTRIBUTOR: Sarah Giffrow is the owner of Sarah Giffrow Creative, offering design, photography, and geekery for small and local Portland businesses. She also plays roller derby, knows kung fu, and has quite possibly been to more Star Trek conventions than you.